Monday, November 16, 2009

This is why I CrossFit

I am trying to improve myself in the following areas - Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, Accuracy. All the skill areas required for optimal physical competence.

I don't watch TV while I work out - it's a distraction.

I don't use treadmills and fancy big machines. - they are not functional.

What you will see everyday is a lot of sweat and you will use a lot of chalk.

My hands are no longer soft and wimpy, they are callused and torn up, but they are my battle wounds and I wear them with pride.

New friendships are made every day because you can only suffer alongside someone for so long without learning who they really are.

The CrossFit Mindset:
1 - I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best that I can.
2 - If I can run, I run. If I can walk, I walk. If I must crawl, I crawl. And when I make it, I will rest. And live to fight another day.
3 - I fear no man, but I fear my workout. If I don't fear my workout, it isn't hard enough.
4 - I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit...Ever!
5 - I will not cheat. There is no honor in cheating. I will call out cheater when I see them, as they have no place in my gym.
6 - If you see someone puking or passed out, they are merely resting.
(the above points were written by author unknown, but he/she really nailed what is at the heart of a crossfitter mind and put it down better then I ever could)

Makes you want to run right out and join a CrossFit Gym in your area, right?

1 comment:

Zaltana said...

Amen sister! BTW, You are an awesome cross-fitter - because you know what you want & need from it!
(I love the points by the unknown author!)
~W~