Monday, August 6, 2007

Home Sweet Home!!

Yes everybody - We have moved into the house and now the real fun begins. The drama of closing is behind us and a bright shiny hopefully happy future is before us. Now, if we can just get through all the boxes and paper and find a place to put everything, we will be just fine.

Not that I am worried as this house has more storage and closet space than I ever thought I would need. It's crazy. I am still finding new little surprises every day like under counter lighting and above counter lighting and just little things that make my day that much brighter.

I keep telling BB1 there is a place for everything and everything needs to be in it's place. This is mainly to try and teach her the basic principles of putting her toys, clothes, shoes away in the same place so that the next time she goes looking for them, she will know where to go. It is very exasperating at times to feel like I am the only one in the house who is expected to know where everything and anything is at any given moment of the day. Then if it can't be found I feel the pressure to pull a Houdini and make it appear. All I'm saying is with a four person household, it's just a lot for one person to keep track of. But BB1 is trying and that's all I can ask for.

One other little tid-bit before I close - Apparently we have moved into the land of the 5-year-olds. This Neighborhood is filled with them. Of course this is heaven for BB1 and every hour if not every half an hour she is asking me if she can go and play with her new friend and off she goes (sometimes) without even waiting for my answer. I have to admit that most of the time I love her independence and strong sense of self and her belief in herself that she can make friends where ever she goes. I hope she never looses that ability to see people as friends first and then get to know the details, rather than have it be the other way around.

Now it's time to get back to my boxes and unpacking.

No comments: