Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bottom of the 9th...

Sorry to all you sports fans out there who thought this might be a really cool sports story, I just don't know of any.

Instead it's going to be a venting post because sometimes you just have to let it out, and if I don't try and find something humorous to hold on to at this very moment, I just might explode and that would not be a good thing. Here I go...

As most of you know we are hours away from closing on our house and after a good 30+ days of doing all the things we are supposed to in terms of providing documentation on assets/liabilities, funds for our down payment, co-ordinating the inspection and then getting the appraisal, you would think at this point in the game everything would be set, printed and placed in a nice little folder, just waiting for Papa Bear and I to sign our little names on the dotted line.

Unfortunately that is not the case! Because apparently the company we are getting our loan through is run by a bunch of monkeys (insert picture of monkeys in suits, jumping around office cubicles, smashing phones on the desks and throwing papers into the air) who are notorious for throwing out last minute conditions. The final condition that is holding up this whole process is that they want two additional comps on the appraisal. Apparently the 3 that they already have on the appraisal are not sufficient, but what really gets me is that they have had the stupid thing for over 2 weeks and they NOW decide they have insufficient comp information.

So the question I find myself asking is "Are these people retarded!!!" (I am trying really hard to keep this G-rated) "Has everyone in this office decided to suspend all neurological and muscular activity above the neckline?" Or are we really indeed just dealing with a bunch of monkeys?

Plus, I wonder if this really is the "final" condition that will need to be signed off on or are these baboons going to throw something else out to delay this process even further?

They say that purchasing a home is one of the top 5 most stress inducing things you will ever do in your life. I fully agree with that. The roller coaster of emotions that we have all been on this last few days has been intense and I for one am ready to get off this crazy ride.

Finally, what is ticking me off the most is that Papa Bear and I have plans. Plans to pack and move and get settled into our new house. Plans for people to help us move. Plans that are supposed to happen on a certain schedule within a certain time frame and these monkeys are messing with the plan. aauuuugggghhhhhhh! no, that's not quite right - AAUUUGGGHHHHHHH! OK - much better. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'll keep you all posted on what happens. Hopefully, we will still close on time, but more than likely we will probably have to push back our closing by a day, but I will let you know once all this monkey business gets sorted out!

No comments: