Friday, September 21, 2007

Who do you look like?

So today, I was reading a blog site that keeps me highly entertained (http://www.mormonmommywars.com/ - in case you wanted to know) and one of the topics of discussion was how everyone seems to have a double in the world, or at least has been told that they look like someone else, whether they be famous or not.

In my single and earlier married years, I had people tell me I looked like Melanie Griffith. I can only hope they mean before all of the plastic surgery and botox, say pre-Antonio Banderas. One time, I had this guy come up to me in a restaurant in San Francisco (where I was on a business lunch) and he was so excited and animated because he thought I really was Melanie. When he finally realized I wasn't, he kept on saying that the likeness was so strong I should go down to the set of the TV show that Don Johnson did, (I can't remember the name, but he was a cop and it was based in San Francisco, I think he had a yellow car?!?), just to see if I could get on set. Needless to say I left my eventual run in with Don for another time, but the experience was funny to say the least.

I have also had people stop me and tell me I look like Reese Witherspoon and that one I will take as a full fledge compliment.

Well, one of the commenters on mommywars mentioned the following website, where you can go out, upload a picture of yourself, loved ones and the like and it will tell you who you look like. They even break it down to a percentage of how closely you resemble someone else.

**Warning** Proceeding to the following website will completely take away all of your spare time, so if you have kids, don't proceed until you are sure they have been feed (and even better are in bed) and you give your spouse fair warning that you will be unavailable for a while. Of course after the sudden outbursts of laughter and giggles that are sure to follow, he may just come and investigate what you are up to anyways. If your single, tell your friends you are staying in for the night. Just know that you have been warned.

http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/tryFaceRecognition.php?s=1&u=g0&lang=EN

So, after uploading a picture of Papa Bear, his most likely double is Claude Rains (yah, I didn't know who that was either) so I googled him and found out he was an English Theater and Film star from the 30's who was best known for his role as the Invisible Man. Pretty cool, huh. It also came back with John Travolta (I don't really see that one), Clint Eastwood, Matt Damon and Dennis Quad, who I can totally see. He has even been told by complete strangers that he looks like DQ , so there must be some kind of likeness and similarity there.



BB1 looks the most like Jodi Sweetin (when she was younger and on Full House) Dakota Fanning and Emma Watson. I've included the picture I used, so you can see if the JS comparisons measure up.



BB2 looks the most like Queen Latifa - hey, I didn't say it would always be right! I guess it's just the expression on her face. With another picture, she also came back with a match to Bob Marley. Go figure!



And just for fun, to see if the Melanie Griffith and Reese Witherspoon comparisons, hold up, i put in my pictures and here's the results.



I never would have guessed Kylie, but I'll take it along with Evangeline Lilly and Adriana Karembue (Slavic Fashion Model).

So do you agree? Disagree? and most important - who do you look like??

No comments: