Friday, November 21, 2008

Saran Wrap and and the Common Cold

You might be asking yourself what could those two things possibly have to do with each other. Well, let me tell you!

Tonight as I was attempting to provide my family with a healthy and delicious meal, I realized luck was on my side as I had on a previous occasion the foresight to make an extra lasagna and stick it in the freezer for a later time. Well, tonight was definitely the night to use it and with an overabundance of joy I put it into the oven and set the timer for 60 minutes.

Well folks, blame it on the combination therapy of nasal decongestant, cough suppressant and whatever other medications I have coursing through my system as I attempt to fight this cold I contracted from the wonderful little boy who sits next to my daughter in school (more on that later). I pull out the lasagna after the timer went off only to realize I had forgotten to remove the layer of saran wrap from the top of the lasagna dish (granted it was cover with a time foil layer) but there was a melted layer of plastic all over my wonderfully prepared lasagna. Tell me do melted cheese and plastic go well together?

So, my question to you, is if I make sure I take off all the pieces of melted saran wrap, do you think I am OK to still feed it to my family?! Heaven forbid I poison them or something. Maybe tonight we will end up eating P&B sandwiches.

Being sick stinks!!

And on that final note - A great big thanks to the mom or dad who sent his or her extremely sick child to school (we are talking coughing up a lung, red, runny, yellow gross nose, the works) who happens to sit next to my little girl, who then caught your fabulous sickness and brough it home with her to start circulating in my household. Maybe one day when you have too much on your plate and the last thing you need to deal with is a raging cold, I can return the favor. Seriously, I will be here ready to help!!

2 comments:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

seriously - I HATE parents who let kids go to school (or in public for that matter) when they are obviously sick. Boo on them. I hope you feel better soon. PS: don't feel too bad about the lasagne. I did the SAME thing once (it was under the foil) with some of Mom's chicken enchiladas that I had frozen. I chucked them too. We love you guys.

Nataluscious said...

I say, scrape off the cheese layer and add on another one and you're good to go! Resourcefulness ;). Did I ever tell you about the time I make this nice casserole amongst screaming kids at dinnertime and all of the other craziness that happens in that bewitching hour, only to pull the glass dish out of the oven and set it on the still hot stove? Needless to say, the whole thing exploded all over the kitchen. Ah life. At least I wasn't sick at the time. Here's hoping you feel better, and btw I am SUPER SUPER SUPER excited you guys are on for Santa's Village! We can't wait.