Thursday, February 12, 2009

This post is for you, little sis!

Ok - I know technically I can't call you my little sis anymore, because we are all grown up, but I read your comment on Facebook and it made me realize that I need to be better about keeping my blog up to date, becuase it does let you and everyone else in the family, as well as my friends who don't live close by, into the fun, little, every day things we go through. So thanks for the friendly reminder to update and I promise to try harder!!

So where did I leave things - oh yah - A and I went to San Francisco for 10
glorious days without the kids to celebrate 11 years (gasp) of marriage. We had the best weather on days 1, 2, and 3. Seriously it was 70+ and sunny with the clearest skys. Of course, such good weather couldn't last and the rest of the time it turned to typical January San Fran weather - which translates to cloudy, misty and cold! But we didn't let it stop us or get us down.

We purchased the city pass and traveled around like a full time san fransican. Muni, Trolley cars, walking - we did them all. We even walked (or should I say hiked) up to Telegraph Hill on one of the days with good weather.
The views were amazing.

We did Fisherman's Wharf, the Boudin Bread Factory, Ghirardelli Square and the Chocolate Factory (free chocolate - need I say more), China Town (right before Chinese New Years - it was insane), the De Young Museum of Fine Art (the picture of the girl in the yellow dress was made of glass, but it looked so fragile - it was my favorite piece.).

We went to the California Academy of Sciences, watched the Sea Lions and did all that there is to do at Pier 39 (see the video of Aaron at the Aquarium below). We took a Harbor Cruise which took us out to the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz Island. We also went to the Palace of Fine Arts and walked around Fort Mason and all over the Marina District. Talk about a place with views. There are some amazing homes in S.F., it's just too bad you have to be a millionare to live there.

The only thing we didn't get to do was because of the weather, and it was to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. My sister C and her husband did it on thier trip to S.F a whileback and raved about, so I was a little bummed about not getting to do it, but I got over it really quickly with the rainy and freezing cold weather. The picture of me and the GG bridge doesn't even do justice of depicting how cold it was and I live in Utah with snow - I know cold!

We also ate at some of the best little sidewalk cafes in Little Italy, had the best Indian food EVER, ate more clam chowder
and sourdough bread than I want to even think about. I totally wanted to get one of the lobster sourdough bread loafed but not at $20. But still it's the cutest thing ever.

We took in an Irish pub during a very heated football game and ended up getting into a political discussion with two business men from Canada (of all places). I know more about socialized health care and what some Candians really think about our government that I really need to know.

We even took in a comedy show "7 Sins" by James Judd. It was seriously the best one man comedy bit, I have heard in a while. It was at a little theater in the Tenderloin, and I now know why it is called the Tenderlion and it's not the best place to hang out after dark. "Get into your defensive clusters now!!" -> If you are in the area, go
see the show and you will know what I am talking about.

We honestly enjoyed every moment we were there!!

We also went back to where our happy married lives officially began. Aaron proposed to me at the Cliff House
restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It has been totally redone in the last 10+ years, but it still has amazing views and it was fun just to go back and remember the moment and celebrate that we have made it this far, even with the ups and downs life has thrown at us.

So now were are back to our normal lives. Our two little girls missed us like crazy (yah, we really missed them too) and school has started back up for me, I am also still working part-time and being full time mom. It keeps the day pretty full, but I am managing to keep my head on pretty straight about it all.

So what's up in the next upcoming months - well . . .

For Spring break we will be taking a family vacation. Avery won't let us go anywhere again by ourselves until we have been somewhere together as a family. She already knows it's all about balance. We don't know where we are going or what we will be doing. ** N & B - are you guys available for us to come visit?? It's our turn!!

There is the 1st Official Leach Family Reunion - Summer 2009 - DON'T FORGET!!


**I hope you enjoy the little clip of Aaron at the aquarium.
BTW - my new camera ROCKS!!

5 comments:

Ryan & Cynthia Clan said...

Ok - I need dates for this supposed summer 2009 reunion. Cause if it ain't planned in the next month or so, it ain't going to happen for us. Any idea on what it is supposed to be, where, when?

valerie said...

One of these days I need to take a trip out to San Fran. Between you and Cynth, I know I am definitely missing out. I can only remember the day we spent on fisherman's wharf when helping you move to Walnut Creek...and I think I was 12. Definitely time for a trip when I can actually navigate the city myself :) I'm so glad you had a fun time. Happy belated anniversary :) Love you!

Our Family of 6 said...

I think I might plan a surprise trip for AJ for his birthday/our anniversary this year, but I haven't decided yet...knowing him he'd say it was too much money...and I don't know if we could do it without the kids (at least not if Camden still won't take a bottle at that point). It looks like a total blast...one of these days I will get there and then I will need all your help in planning where to go and what to do and where to stay. The trip looks like it was a blast...I'm glad you guys had fun.

Elise said...

It was great to see you both on your trip to SF. Looks like a great time and don't ya just love SF winters.

FYI we are probably gonna be coming to UT in July. We would love love love to see you again.

Nataluscious said...

Um, YES!!!! come. Please. Whenever. Let me know. :)

Fun to hear about your San Fran trip - reminded me of all the great stuff to do there and how much I miss it! B and I had a great time at the Cliff House too, back in the day, though no proposal ;).