Saturday, January 3, 2009

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

If I was more with it, these pictures would have been posted on the actual days they were taken. Given the amount of activities we were able to throw in during the last to week, prepare yourself for a longer post.

Here are the girls decorating the Christmas Tree! Not sure where the super model poses are coming from, but what can I say! My girls know how to work a room!!

Here are the girls after A's 1st grade Christmas Program. She did an awesome job by the way and K was her biggest cheerleader again, yelling out in the middle of the program - Go Avery!!! Guess she thought it was appropriate. A and I just laughed.

Here is the best picture of the girls on Christmas Morning! It pretty much sums up their morning. Also, a huge thanks to Uncle B for celebrating with us and sharing in our morning of wrapping paper craziness and fun!

Also, If I was more with it, then I would have pictures of the girls crashing at 10:15 pm and 10:45 pm on New Years Eve. A tried her very hardest to make it to mid night, but finally sucummed to the sleepy time pressure. I ended up putting K to bed because she was so tired she had started hitting everyone and throwing the biggest fits over nothing, so hers was more of a forced retreat. My kids so take after me when it comes to not getting enough sleep. Grumy McGrump Grumps all the way.

Here are the girls at the Downtown Christmas Lights in Ogden. Not as cold as last year, but not exactly warm either! You would think I would be used to a Utah winter, but nope, I don't think I ever will get used to them. Luckily, we won't be here forever!!

The only thing missing are pictures from a trip to the North pole this year that never actually got to happen. B-N-K-K - you guys know how much we missed not getting to do our annual tradition with you guys! Still feeling a bit blue over that, if you couldn't tell!

All in all though they had a great Christmas and New Years. A woke up to a 4-wheeler on New Years Day (Aaron has been wanting to get her one for a while) and she spent the better part of the after noon riding around the neighborhood on it. Her BF M came over as well and all I can say is that 2 little blond headed 6 year olds on a pink camo 4 wheeler is about as cute as it gets.

Of course that was the FUN part - the not so fun part was when A started the 4wheeler up and the throttle on the 4 wheeler somehow turning wide open (turns out it wasn't put together correctly - can you say understatement of the year) and A taking off with increasing speed, heading up the street around the corner into our cul-de-sac and finally crashing through (yep she ended up INSIDE the garage which had previously been closed) the neighbors garage door at about 35 miles an hour.
If a master card commercial was created for this situation it would go as follows. Helmet - $50 Replacing cost for neighbors garage door - $1500, one lucky little girl who walked away without a scratch due to wearing her helmet - Priceless!!
Oh and the 4 wheeler has gone back to the dealer and I for one could care less if they fix it/ replace it / or not. We got so lucky this time I don't even want to think about the possibility of another accident with a not so favorable outcome - huge shudder!!

So in the end a very Happy Holiday with a little craziness and a minor heart attack. I don't think Aaron breathed right for the rest of the day after that little incident. But all is back to normal. School starts back up next week for A and me. and so another year begins . . .XOXOX to all our loved ones near and far!!

2 comments:

valerie said...

Holy cow - sounds like one exciting Christmas and new years for you guys! Thank goodness A was okay after the 4-wheeler, garage door incident. Luck is a great way to start out the new year, that's for sure. How much snow did you end up getting on Christmas? Was it an insane amount? Let the winter games begin I guess - I shudder to think of all the snow you guys had last year. Love you!

Nataluscious said...

Oh, I MISS you! Ugh. We were so sad about the North Pole (though completely understanding as well). I actually was going to mention it in my Christmas blog post wrap-up, but forgot. Let's not make the same mistake again ;). That garage door thing sounds insane! I'm super glad A was ok.

So now that its 2009, when are we getting together? I know, I know - school and all - but lets get something in the works!